MY DIVIDEND REPORT Q1 IN 2019

Welcome to My Dividend Report. This Report is dedicated to tracking my quarterly dividend income. Many of you already know I love Growth and Income stocks as a great way to beat inflation while companies pay you to wait while they execute there growth plans. My Goal is to average $5,000/month or $15,000/ quarter in dividend income.

Current Dividend Income

Behind the scenes graph data

Money Sense With Kyle Quarterly Dividend Income

       
Quarter201420152016201720182019
Q1$8,040.00$9,620.00$9,035.00$8,622.53$11,643.79$11,739.07
Q2$6,660.00$10,280.00$7,055.00$11,015.00$9,040.39 
Q3$7,860.00$9,380.00$7,535.02$9,035.00$10,706.69 
Q4$7,580.00$8,307.50$8,262.53$9,183.79$12,099.07 
       
Summary$30,140.00$37,587.50$31,887.55$37,856.32$43,489.94$11,739.07
Delta 19.8%-15.9%15.2%13.0% 
       

My dividend income is devised of investments in Altria (MO) in the Tobacco Industry and Blackstone Group (BX) in the Asset Management Industry. Blackstone Group current stock price $44.42 and dividend yield 5.0 % (.54/share $2.17/year pays a fluctuating dividend based on company results. Altria's current stock price $47.35 and dividend yield 6.76 % (.80/share $3.20/year) pays a consistent dividend and has raised the dividend 53 times the past 49 years. As you can see in the chart above annual total dividend payout dropped (-15.9%) in 2016 due to Blackstone Group reporting market fluctuations. 2017 and 2018 bounced back at 15.2% and 13.0% increase in total annual income. Also in 2018 Altria raised the dividend twice 6.1% and 14.3% for a total 20.4% dividend increase in 2018 due to the Trump administration corporate tax cuts. Altria's corporate tax rate dropped from 35% down to 21% which freed up a lot of cash to be distributed back to stockholders in the form of dividends and stock buy backs. This is why Growth and Dividend stocks make good Money Sense. I will see you next quarter and report the distribution.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.